Sunday, May 6, 2012

For your information, Vini Reilly is an excellent person.


I don't know.

It's late.

I've been thinking about this.

He's obviously better at making music than most.

But, I don't know. 

Just knowing that he is there, recording beautifully noodly little vamps into his portastudio just makes me feel hopeful about the world around me.  It's as if he's just this little sub-universe unto himself and anybody that hasn't heard LC or Idiot Savants hasn't ever known true beauty and an actual lust for life.

His personal struggles, his demons.  Love, loss, death, unimaginable pain and pleasure are all found in his music.  To know his music is to know the understanding that life outside the womb is confusing as hell, but ultimately, worth the journey if for nothing else than the scenery.

His is a music of world-weary, life-affirming brilliance.  Not everything will be golden, pretty and joyous, but it will sure as hell be worth consideration.

Proof:

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Exhibit C

Exhibit D

Exhibit E

Exhibit F

Exhibit G

I wish he would never stop playing.

Because he is one of the best ever.


~Austin

No comments: